Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Last-Minute Library Shift

I'm spending an unexpected evening at my library's reference desk. On one hand, it's a pleasant surprise since I really do enjoy this job, but on the other hand, my already-busy week just got even busier!


This past Saturday was my first show of the season, and it was strictly a jewelry show. I was intrigued as to whether having only other jewelry vendors as my "competition" would be a detriment or an advantage. After all, EVERYONE else was essentially selling the same product as I was, but all the shoppers at the show were specifically looking to buy jewelry.

Things got off to a bit of a slow start, but around noon or so things really started picking up. The funny thing is that nearly half of my sales resulted from custom-made ankle bracelets that I created on the spot! Needless to say, I've decided that I need to make a sign for my table to advertise that I take orders for custom jewelry. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. That is brilliant. Congrats and I bet those ankle bracelets are stunning! happy Thursday, sunshine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...