Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

It's Farmer's Market Season!

One of my absolute favorite things about spring is that the Easton Farmers' Market starts up again. I spend the better part of November - April lamenting its absence and desperately hoping that my stash of Dutch Hill Preserves Triple Berry Jam holds up.

(For the record, I think there is about 1/2 teaspoon in my last jar. I've been afraid to use it, because I'm afraid of eating it all and then desperately wanting it and not having any left. My husband has compared my behavior regarding this jam to that of a drug addict. He's probably right, but it's just SO GOOD.)

Anyway, according to the farmers' market website, tomorrow marks the beginning of its 259th season - it's the oldest open-air farmers' market in the country. Pretty cool, huh?

All of the vendors there are super nice, and I frequently run into people I know there, and there's just something about starting my weekend out in the sunshine buying all sorts of delicious, healthy, straight-from-the-farm produce (and knowing that I'm supporting small businesses and the local economy!) that puts me in an absurdly good mood. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Farmers' markets are the best!! This one sounds fantastic and that jam looks totally delicious. I need to give it a try! Yum:) Have a lovely and sunny day. Hugs and kisses, sunshine

    Ps: I’m hosting a beautiful dress GIVEAWAY today! Just in time for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol jam addict. I want jam now. Gotta see if they sell it anywhere here in china. thanks for sharing. i love farmers markets.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...