Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Elvis's Big Announcement

Hey everyone! Elvis has some big news he wants to share with you...


And just to clarify, since anyone who knows Glen and me knows our obsession with our pets is a bit extreme and we would probably also do something like this if we were adopting a second dog, we're talking about a *human* little brother or sister, arriving sometime in early February!!

Look carefully.  That's a copy of The Great Gatsby that my husband Photoshopped into the ultrasound.
It's actually a good thing I've been so absurdly busy lately (I kid you not, in addition to extra library hours during the week, we are averaging 3-4 social commitments per weekend this summer!), because for the past 3 1/2 months it's been kind of hard to think of things to post about without spilling the beans. ;-) So I guess it's a good thing that I've just plain not had time to post!

Glen and I are both super excited, as are our parents, who have already bought the baby gifts such as books (including the latest Mo Willems Pigeon book, which I may have immediately claimed as my own...) and Batman onesies.  We don't know yet if it's a boy or a girl, so in the meantime, we've been referring to him/her as Stormageddon, which is a reference I expect precisely one of you to get. (I'm looking at you, Niki!!)

If you want to read about Glen's perspective on this new journey of ours, check out his new blog, The Baby Tickle.  And while I doubt this will become a super baby-centric blog, this will certainly be added to the mix of posts about my garden, pets, jewelry business, and room remodels, and I'm totally looking forward to adding our office-to-nursery remodel to my Before and After series. ;-)

6 comments:

  1. Yay and congratulations! Totally giggled at your nickname and ultrasound photoshop. I am really excited for you.

    So glad you already got Mo Willems books. My son adored those books. We still have them actually hard to get rid of those gorgeous classics. And of course I can not wait to see nursery pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I am so excited for you two!!! Huge congrats, sweetie and Elvis looks awesome:) Muah...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, congratulations! That is so exciting. I cant wait to see the bump :) PS I totally known of cute overload. It basically sparked my cuteness obsession. So many cute things to look at so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS can you imagine how awesome its gonna be to get to introduce sesame street to your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! What wonderful news. I am so happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO EXCITING!!!! :D I'm so happy for you. Oh! Oh!! The other day I was at Target and found a baby Batman t-shirt that had a CAPE attached. I was so tempted to buy it for Audrey, but decided to go back and see if I could catch it on clearance later. Man, I need to keep an eye out for that...

    Anyway, this is wonderful news. I think you and Glen are already on the right track with everything. Nicknames are very important. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...