Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Involuntary Redecorating

Earlier last year, I introduced you to my sweet little rats, Nory and Sery.



Over the weekend, someone (and by someone I mean me) left their cage door open after feeding them. In the morning Glen noticed that the door was open and they weren't in the cage. Fortunately we knew just where to look.

Those little critters like nothing more than hiding underneath blankets, and there are blankets draped over the top of our sofa.


Their second favorite thing is chewing on stuff. Unfortunately in this case, "stuff" consisted of one of the couch cushions.


Thank goodness we were planning to replace our living room furniture soon. Considering we bought our sofa, loveseat, and recliner more than 5 years ago from a friend of a friend of my mother's for a mere $200, I'd say we got our money's worth. We'll probably just replace the sofa and loveseat, because our living room is not terribly big (17x13) and Elvis is the only one who sits on the recliner lately anyway. And we both agreed it would be silly to buy a recliner for our dog, no matter how much we love him. ;-)


I have a pretty specific idea of what I want (Glen's only criteria is "comfortable"), which actually makes it HARDER to find something. My criteria:
  • Medium to dark gray (our walls are light gray and the curtains and other accent pieces are red, so I like the way a darker gray with red throw pillows would look)

  • Microfiber (our recliners are microfiber and they are sooo easy to clean, since dog/rat/degu fur doesn't get embedded in them)

  • Modern style with clean lines (aesthetically speaking, I am not a fan of lumpy-looking couches, even if they are super comfortable)

We checked out Ashley Furniture, but they had a grand total of one sofa available in gray, and it was chenille. Not an ideal material when you have a shedding dog.
But I think this sofa from Raymour and Flanigan fits the criteria quite nicely.
And of course, the matching loveseat:
We're planning on checking out some other places over the next week or two, but I think I might officially be in love with this set. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I really like that sofa..It has such a great shape..I cant get over how adorable is Nory and Sery....so sweet!
    Happy Friday,sweetie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...