Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Feeling Warm & Fuzzy

Just finished doing a storytime at the library, which is a rare treat for me. As the resident jack-of-all-trades and filler-in-of-absences, I only get to do storytime when the regular storytime person can't be there. (And, on occasion, I've been known to do an impromptu storytime when people who didn't know it was cancelled show up anyway and I feel bad for them.)

Doing storytime always gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling. I usually end up doing the 3-5 year-old storytimes, and they're always so excited to be here! In addition to reading stories, there was an Easter egg hunt and we did an Easter-themed version of the Hokey-Pokey (The Bunny Pokey!). Watching the kids putting their "bunny noses" in and "hopping all about" was the freaking cutest thing!

It's been awhile since I've actually gotten to plan my own storytime, but I think my dream storytime would involve reading "Hooway for Wodney Wat" and bringing in one of my pet rats to meet the kids.



How adorable would that be? Except of course I'd be worried that parents might freak out that I was bringing in "vermin" for their kids to play with. *sigh* Rats are so misunderstood.

I've kind of been slacking on jewelry stuff lately... I have a pretty decent inventory of finished products built up, and I have a craft show on April 9 (Hanover Shopping Night at Hanover Elementary School, 5:00-8:00pm!). I've heard it's a pretty good one, so I'm looking forward to it. I'll also be at the Warren County Bazaar and Food Fest in Washington, NJ on April 24. That'll be my first outdoor show, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for nice weather!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, how sweet!!! Story time sounds fun. :) Yeah, I'm sure some parents would freak out over a rat... too bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea for storytime! Although, I'd feel kinda weird if a rat was in the library!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...