Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

It's That Time Again...

Fall craft show time!

I've definitely been neglecting my jewelry business for the first half of the year, but I definitely want to try to fit in a bunch of shows this year, since I'm not sure what exactly will be happening next year. ;-)

Nothing is confirmed yet, but it looks like I'll be doing one show in October and two in November.  I'm on the fence about trying to find a fourth in December.  I'll post details for my local readers once I get confirmation on those shows.  I'm also debating hosting another holiday open house, since last year's was such a success.

Of course, this means that I need to start using my evenings wisely and making more jewelry!!



Pieces like those above seemed to be my big sellers last year, and they've made up the bulk of what I've sold so far this summer, so I'm mostly going to focus on variations on that theme.  I got some neat vintage beads over the past year, and I'm hoping to incorporate those into some of my designs.


I also need to stock up on packaging, specifically boxes and bags.  I didn't realize how much I went through last year! 


I'm leaning toward ordering boxes like this one from Rio Grande.  The 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 x 1 seems like an ideal size.  Large enough to accommodate a necklace like the ones pictures above if I wrap them around the inside of the box twice, small enough that earrings won't look ridiculously small in them.  I used to use the 2 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 7/8 for earrings, but when I started making my own earring cards.

I was so sure I had a close-up photo of said earring cards to share, but alas that is not the case.  And since I'm not at home at the moment, I can't take a picture to share.  You can get a glimpse of them in this post, though!

P.S.  Hopefully over the weekend or early next week I'll be able to share photos of a new (to me) car.  Assuming the deal doesn't go sour within the next 24 hours, that is.  We've been negotiating on this car for about a month and half now, because (as Glen will tell you) I am incredibly stubborn.  But the dealer finally budged on both the price and what they'll give us on a trade-in, so I'm prepared to walk in with a check tomorrow.  Wish me luck! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. best of luck with the upcoming shows and with the car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just believe you will get your car!! Your jewelery is so pretty and I know you will sell lots of pieces at the Fall shows.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...