Monday, October 17, 2011

One Sick Puppy

Last night officially goes down in history as one of the scariest nights of my life.

Around 1:30 in the morning Elvis had a seizure.  It took me a little bit to figure out what was going on.  It couldn't have lasted more than a minute or two, but it felt like an eternity. :-\

Glen and I thought it might have something to do with the antibiotic he's on for a skin infection, since we normally give it to him every 12 hours, but due to his reluctance to eat his breakfast until 4:00 in the afternoon yesterday, he got two doses in 6 hours.

The vet was pretty insistent that two doses in 6 hours wouldn't cause an overdose, but either way we're going to be extra careful about evenly spacing his antibiotics for the remainder of the week.

Here he is in the waiting room at the vet's office with Glen this afternoon, waiting to get some blood work done, and looking handsome as ever:

This guy has cost us quite a bit of money over the past couple of months.  He's lucky he's so cute!

We won't get the results until tomorrow, but I've been a nervous wreck all day and will probably continue to be so until we know what's going on.  They're checking his liver and kidney function to make sure neither of those are what caused of the seizure.  Apparently it's not terribly uncommon for dogs to have one or two seizures and then never have another one, with no indication that there's an underlying cause, so we're keeping our fingers crossed that this will be the case with Elvis.

I know he'd love it if you went on over to his Facebook page and sent lots of good thoughts his way! 


  1. I hope he doesn't have another one. He is super cute!

  2. Oh my goodness...I hope he will be ok. As soon as you know something, please let us know. Fingers crossed, darling. Kisses and hugs

  3. oh my that is scary. I hope everything turns out fine for little Elvis.

  4. Ohh no! Poor little guy! That is so scary! Hope he is doing better


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...