Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I know I said I'd have pictures of my Halloween costume up yesterday, but when we got home from the Halloween party, we came home to this:
Thanks, nor'easter in October!
We spent the morning (and part of the afternoon) turning that mess into this mess: 


By the time evening rolled around I just wanted to sleep. ;-)

Anyway, here's my Amelia Pond costume in its entirety:

Just pretend my hair is the same color as what was on the box.

And here I am with my husband, the 11th Doctor (and his brand new sonic screwdriver):


Since I put so much effort into my costume, I decided to dress up again to hand out candy to the trick-or-
treaters tonight, but sadly not a single one knew who Amelia Pond is. :-(

Oh, and Glen was filming a segment tonight for his November show at SteelStacks, so this is the type of scene trick-or-treaters were likely to encounter:

Tyler and Mike, two of the show's writers/correspondents.
Something tells me this is going to negatively impact the number of trick-or-treaters we get next year.  Or just completely change the demographic. ;-)\

5 comments:

  1. Oh you all look so cute!! Your costume is adorable. Sorry to hear that you had such a mess to clean up but glad that your house wasn't damaged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, nice costumes!
    My boyfriend went as the first half of the first Matt Smith episode (i.e., he had the last Doctor's sonic screwdriver, but none of the other parts), so. Yeah. It was a really obscure reference, but someone else dressed up as Dr. Who placed him, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny, Iris! Glen considered going "raggedy Doctor" with the old sonic screwdriver, but he felt this was a good excuse to order the new one. And for what it's worth, if we were at that party we both would have fully appreciated your boyfriend's costume. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness...I really wanted to see those costumes and they are fantastic. You two did such a fantastic job!!! LOVE! Totally brilliant, sweetie.

    Btw: Sorry about the mess but Im glad that your home wasn't damaged. Muah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your costume!!! And Happy belated Halloween!

    Belly B :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...