Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Resolutions

I'm about two weeks late on this, but I have decided to make a couple of business-related New Years resolutions.
  1. I will post at least one new item on Etsy each week.

  2. I will keep my office neat and organized so I can focus on being creative rather than trying to reign in the chaoes.

  3. I will make quarterly donations, equal to at least 10% of my profits, to each of the following organizations:
  • Kiva - I was fortunate enough to have the money to cover the start-up costs (minimal though they were) for my business , but not all entrepreneurs are so lucky. I want to use part of the money are earn though this venture to help other entrepreneurs get their businesses off the ground

  • The Dear Jack Foundation - I've been a big fan of Andrew McMahon's music for many years, and I really admire his ability to take his cancer diagnosis and turn it into an opportunity to help others.
I also managed to follow through on my promise to myself to finish my office. It's painted, organized, and is much easier to work in now. All I need to do is hang up my curtains, but that's purely cosmetic, and I'm taking care of that little detail this weekend.

Recently I started designing jewelry with antiqued bronze. I really love the way it looks. One of my favorite pieces so far:



And the matching earrings:



I like the antiqued brass because it really seems to lend itself to pieces that have a vintage feel. Expanding my jewelry design horizons is fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...