Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Wish List

One of my favorite places to buy jewelry supplies is Fire Mountain Gems. Among the reasons I like it are the tiered discount levels and the $5 flat rate shipping. The disadvantage to these is that I can only justify ordering from them if I need at least 15 items (that's how many you need to order to get a discount). It's been kind of awhile since I've ordered from them, and I still have pretty much in the way of supplies so I don't foresee placing another order for at least a month, but I thought I'd share some items from my wishlist.


Seriously, how gorgeous are these beads? Labradorite is one of the stones I can't seem to find at any local stores. Unfortunately, all I have to work with is Michael's and Hobby Lobby, which are fine for some things, but not surprisingly I have yet to see any labradorite in either of these stores, and the last time I ordered from Fire Mountain I couldn't justify spending $20+ on a 16" strand of beads.

Also on my list, and for similar reasons:


This particular strand is not very expensive, but lapiz lazuli can get pretty pricey depending on the quality and size of the stone. Again, have yet to see any in Michaels or Hobby Lobby, and again, I'm not surprised.

Again, typically pricey and not something I've seen in a local craft store. I have some glass beads that look quite a bit like peridot and I've made some gorgeous pieces with them (hoping to post one of them on Etsy sometime soon!) but I've love to get some of the real thing.

And in preparation for summer, I want to get some more shell beads and pendants.

How adorable are these turtles???

And this might very well be one of the prettiest pendants I've ever seen. I might need to buy two. One to sell and one to keep. ;-)

Maybe this summer I'll focus on using lots of these round shell beads instead of my usual stone or glass, to give my necklaces more of a beachy feel.

I could go on and on, but I'll leave it here for now.

I've already broken my resolution to post at least one new item on Etsy each week. My goal for this week is to catch up on that! I've been busy making some new stuff, but haven't even gotten around to pricing it, let alone photographing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...