I haven't done her 5 month pictures yet, but here she is at 3 months:
And at 4 months:
And here's one of my absolute favorite pictures of her, taken during tummy time:
And here she is during her first time in the pool, last week:
It's been pretty crazy trying to juggle a new baby, two jobs, and still trying to maintain a social life, which is why my blog's been kind of neglected lately.
While I can't say I regret my decision for my blog to take a bit of a backseat, I found myself missing it, and the the people I've connected with through it. Especially since I feel like I have soooo much to say lately.
Glen and I have always been a bit on the crunchy side, but I definitely feel like having a baby has enhanced the crunchy factor.
- We've always gone to our local farmers market, but now I'm also planning to use the produce we buy there to make our own baby food.
- Our decision to cloth diaper is going wonderfully so far! Good for the environment AND the bank account!
- At 5 month, Amelia is still exclusively breastfed. This was important to me for a variety of reasons. There advantages of breastmilk that formula can't replicate, such as antibodies to help boost her immune system. It's cheap (would be free if I didn't have to pump at work). I am lazy (for real, I can't imagine having to prepare formula and warm a bottle - I don't envy my mom or Glen the task of preparing a bottle for a hungry baby while I'm at work!). But also, less waste. There's the pump and bottles, but no formula containers to throw out and fewer bottles to wash.
- We switched our regular laundry detergent to a clean-rinsing one. This was mostly to avoid residue on the cloth diapers, but we use it on everything now. We also started using dryer balls instead of fabric softener sheets.
- Glen's gone vegetarian. I'm debating eventually joining him in that since meat isn't a big part of my diet anyway, but I'll never go vegan. You can pry the cheese and eggs from my cold, dead hands!
I'll also be making the rounds, visiting the blogs I technically follow but haven't visited lately. I hope you're all doing well, and I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone's been up to!