Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fun Times in Philly

So, that concert I mentioned in my previous post? 

Absolutely amazing.

Unfortunately we missed most of the first band's set because dinner ran long, but we made it in time to see Jukebox the Ghost.


I was mostly unfamiliar with them until this point.  My Pandora station has played some of their songs, which I did enjoy.  And oddly enough, I saw them open for Harvey Danger at the last concert I attended.  I have no idea how I managed to not take note of them the first time around, except perhaps that I was too busy mourning the fact that it was Harvey Danger's last east coast performance to care about the opening acts? 

At any rate, I am now a huge fan.  They had a great stage presence, and after hearing more of their music I couldn't resist buying a CD (which their piano player and drummer signed!).  Anyone else a fan of these guys?  And if you're familiar with them, do you find that "Hold It In" and "Empire" are both serious earworms?  Seriously, those songs have been rotating on repeat in my brain since Sunday morning!

Jack's Mannequin was fabulous as always.  This is something like the 4th or 5th time I've seen them, and I'm never disappointed.  Of course, it wouldn't be a Jack's Mannequin concert if Andrew didn't stand on the piano:


They played a good mix of songs from all three albums, and during the encore, Andrew played an older Something Corporate song, "Cavanaugh Park."  Apparently earlier that day, he purchased his first iPhone, so he decided to take his first ever iPhone photo: the audience.  It was posted on the website earlier this week:


Maybe if you squint hard enough, you can see me waaay in the back. ;-) 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...