Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Texas Nuptials

I've been back from Texas since Sunday, but I am just now getting back into the swing of things. Despite there only being a 1-hour difference between Texas and NJ, I somehow wound up horribly jet-lagged. I found myself unable to fall asleep at night, then I'd go through my work day feeling sleep-deprived, and I'd pass out on the couch for an hour or two after dinner, which just perpetuated the whole can't-fall-asleep-at-night pattern.

On the bright side, I do have a few photos to share!

Here's a picture of me all dolled up and ready to watch my college roommate get hitched:


Needless to say, I had some (ok, a lot of) assistance putting on the sari, because I had NO CLUE what I was doing. ;-)

Here I am with the lovely bride and maid of honor, who was also one of my college roommates:


Glen was kind enough to join me on the trip even though he wasn't a fan of going to Texas at all, much less in the middle of the summer. I bribed him with a new seersucker suit:


He looked so handsome in his new suit that I couldn't resist stealing a kiss. ;-)

I don't think there are any pictures of the back of my head, but for what it's worth, I did go with style # 3 from my previous post, except with a side-swept bang instead of pulling everything straight back.

I have very little to do this weekend for a change, so I'm planning on catching up on gardening (so many weeds, ugh!!), finally getting fish for my pond, and finding craft shows to sign up for this fall. This summer has been so crazy, my poor jewelry business has been sorely neglected. :-\ But I am determined to turn that trend around, starting tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. You and your friends (and hubby) all look so fantastic in your wedding gear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is too, too gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...